Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2007 17:27:52 -0800
From:      jekillen <jekillen@prodigy.net>
To:        Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey@goldmark.org>
Subject:   Re: getting mail to work

On Mar 11, 2007, at 2:28 PM, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> [mailed and posted]
>
> On Mar 11, 2007, at 10:45 AM, Ed Zwart wrote:
>
>> I own my_domain.com.  I've paid a hoster for the last couple years,
>> but that's ending in a week or so.  Meanwhile, I've used dyndns to
>> point foo.homedns.org to my IP.

If you will allow me to break in on this exchange;
Does this advise apply if you have static ip service and are running
web servers from these addresses, with the ISP's blessing?
(meaning you also have at least two name servers running for the
registered sites)
This is important info for me, as I have that and am considering doing
just that,
run my own mail servers. I expect to have 5 machines doing various
jobs, DNS
web server(four registered web sites), mail server. I already have
three of the four sites
up and available from static ip addresses over ADSL.
Thanks so much
Jeff K.