Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 1996 10:03:38 EDT -0400
From:      "Tony Magner" <magner@BlueRidge-ef.saic.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.ORG
Subject:   FTPD not loading on FBSD 2.1.1

I hope somebody can help me!

My BSD system has been running flawlessly for months until this past
weekend sometime.  What has happened now is that ftpd, telnetd, and Samba
will not load.  Even manually starting ftpd results in errors about
getpeername and getsockname.  I'm using wu-ftpd 2.4.  Any ideas?  Think
the host table or maybe the kernel got screwed up?  Please help as I'm
desparate.

Please respond privately as I'm not on this list.

Thanks.

   -- Tony Magner
   -- Anthony.S.Magner@cpmx.saic.com (work)
   -- akmagner@interramp.com (home)

      PGP key: email maiser@blueridge-ef.saic.com
      with "finger magner" in the message body