Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2007 00:10:20 +0100
From:      Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, vistua@sdf.lonestar.org
Subject:   Re: pppd crashes, was: kde-freebsd

--nextPart1314561.VsPVCC2W5f

On Thursday, 8. February 2007 23:16, John Walthall wrote:
> Ok, now an editorial:

I should not really dignify this rant by replying to it, but:

> We have a fundamental design difference from Linux here. We chose this
> difference because we believed that it was better. Why would we go back
> now because the developers of a third-party interface to our systems did
> a clumsy job?

KPPP is not an interface to 'our' systems. It's an interface to *pppd*, whi=
ch=20
happens to be available for a wide range of Unices and Unix-like systems.

> We should adjure them to implement the=20
> new and better system. This is not actually an appropriate place for
> this discussion. It should be directed to porten@kde.org and/or
> http://bugs.kde.org. Because it is a KDE problem and *not* a FreeBSD
> Problem. (I have already submitted it to the KDE Bugzilla)

A kernel panic/freeze triggered by a badly maintained driver is most certai=
nly=20
not any application's problem. You should probably close that bug yourself.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org