Date:      Sat, 28 Aug 1999 11:44:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@world.std.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  HEADS UP!

On Sat, 28 Aug 1999, Kenneth W Cochran wrote:

> >From owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG  Sat Aug 28 11:02:50 1999
> >Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 07:59:12 -0700 (PDT)
> >From: "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.ORG>
> >Subject: HEADS UP!
> >
> >Within the next day, to be in the tree in time for the feature freeze, most
> >of my changes to IPFW in 4.0 will be committed to 3.2.
> >[...]
> >
> >__FreeBSD_version is going to be bumped up to 320002, and you'll probably
> >also want to update your pidentd port afterwards (greatly simplified
>
> Both the ftp archive and the CD-ports-versions of pidentd are 2.8.5.
> Do we need to fetch something else or is this just a reinstall/recompile?

It will be a recompile/reinstall of the latest cvsupped ports. Right after
I commit the changes to -STABLE, I'll commit the changes to the port
which enable it to take advantage of the new -STABLE.

pidentd should probably not break on the i386, since struct socket itself
does not change size for the i386. On Alpha, struct socket's size changes.

> >[...]
> >
> >At the very least, please make sure to make a new kernel and modules, and
> >make includes before recompiling/reinstalling src/sbin/ipfw/.
>
> Doesn't "make [build]world" also do a "make includes?"  (I think
> so, but just "trying to make sure..." :)

That's right. That's not "at the very least" though :)

--
 Brian Fundakowski Feldman           /  "Any sufficiently advanced bug is    \
 green@FreeBSD.org                   |   indistinguishable from a feature."  |