Date:      Sat, 26 Mar 2005 09:56:31 -0500
From:      Rodger Castle <rodger@profocusdesigns.com>
To:        Doug Poland <doug@polands.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ath driver usage for Netgear WG511T

Thanks for the tip, Doug.  I'm a bit sketchy on using and changing drivers as laptops seem to be the only time where non-standard drivers are required for me (by non-standard, I mean those not enabled by a default install).  I just finished the recompile of 5.4-PRERELEASE and loaded the if_ath driver and no errors seem to be thrown from dmesg or syslog.  I'll run out to the local truck stop tonight, see if it works, and report back.  It seems FlyingJ has some specific requirements for their Wi-Fi system but it could be that this is my first time experimenting with wi-fi.  At any rate, I'll put a full report of my findings tonight up here.

Thanks again for the help.

Rodger