Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 20:05:52 -0700
From:      Patrick Calkins <pcalkins@oemsupport.com>
To:        'Larry Rosenman' <ler@lerctr.org>, "Stable (stable@freebsd.org)" <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: OT: Passing kill a pid-file

# -----Original Message-----
# From: Larry Rosenman [mailto:ler@lerctr.org]
# Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 7:57 PM
# To: Patrick Calkins
# Cc: Stable "(stable@freebsd.org)
#
# On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 21:55, Patrick Calkins wrote:
# > Slightly (ok, extremely) off topic - I know its simple, but
# I am going
# > nuts finding it... how do I pass 'kill' a pid that lives in
# a file?? I
# > am writing a .sh script to shutdown one of my daemons, and
# the pid is
# > in a file... I keep thinking its something like kill -9 && cat
# > '/bla/bla/my.pid'
#
# kill -9 `cat /bla/bla/my.pid`
#
# note that the quotes are back ticks.
#
# LER

Ok, so now I feel really silly - can't believe I was that close to getting
it... :o) Thanks much!

# >
# > Patrick
# > OEMSupport.Com, Inc
# >
# > To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
# > with "unsubscribe freebsd-stable" in the body of the message
# >
# --
# Larry Rosenman                     http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
# Phone: +1 972-414-9812                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
# US Mail: 1905 Steamboat Springs Drive, Garland, TX 75044-6749
#