Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:03:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, des@freebsd.org
Subject:   Some "security" questions.

Our client wants the following 'features'
and we'd LIKE to be able to at least say "yes we can do that", even if
we can also say "but we don't think it's a good idea".

1/ Command logging. We're thinking that a hacked version of the shell
that logs commands may do what they want, but personally I
think that if you are going to log things then you really want to
PROPERLY do it, and log the EXEC commands along with the arguments.
(sadmin et al. doesn't give arguments, and neither does ktrace)

2/ they want to disable a login if it fails 'n' sequential logins
anywhere in the system. i.e. 2 on one machine followed by another on
another machine.

#2 sounds like a great DOS to me..
operator<CR>
<CR>
operator<CR>
<CR>
operator<CR>
<CR>
heh heh heh
but they want it..

So, does anyone have any suggestions of how these can be achieved
using exisiting s/w?

I can immagine using pam_radius, and hacking a radius server
to track login fails.. Anyone have any better ideas?
Maybe a pam_module specially written? (hmmmm)

Anyoone have any modules to REALLY log execs?