Date:      Wed, 31 May 1995 23:12:53 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Mikael Hybsch <micke@dynas.se>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.0.5-ALPHA installation hangs

I'm trying to install 2.0.5 from a DOS partition.
If I tell sysinstall to get the distribution from a DOS partition
it asks which one (I have 2, on different disks). Later when it tries to
mount the dos partition it always fails. (I don't remember the error
message now).

Anyway, The other way I tried was to instead ask it to mount my dos
partition in the Labeling menu, and to tell it to get the distribution
from a mounted filesystem. This works, but (now comes the real problem)
after unpacking  root.flp, the last message on screen 2 is something like
"DEBUG: Preparing /etc/fstab". Then nothing more happends. If I go to
screen 4 there is a zero size /etc/fstab. If I press ^C I can choose to
abort and reboot.

I have tried some different configurations but it always stops in the
same place.

--
 Mikael Hybsch                        Email: micke@dynas.se
 DynaSoft, Dynamic Software AB        Phone: +46-8-615 84 00