Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 20:06:53 -0400
From:      "Jeffrey Doolittle" <jdoolittle@kingsquarry.net>
To:        "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Anyone using adaptec 29160

I've had an Adaptec 29160 for probably close to three weeks now without any problem using 4.1-RELEASE.

The following is my dmesg:

ahc0: <Adaptec 29160 Ultra160 SCSI adapter> port 0x6300-0x63ff mem 0xe511000-00
ahc0: aix7892 Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 16/255 SCBs
da0 at ahc0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0: <IBM DDYS-T18350N S80D> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-3 device
da0: 80.000MB/s transfers (40.000MHz, offset 63, 16bit), Tagged Queueing Enable
da0: 17501MB (35843670 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 2231C)

Now the motherboard is a Soyo micro (2 ISA/2PCI slots) with an AMD K6-2 333Mhz processor and 64mb of RAM.  The card is installed in the first 32-bit PCI slot, not a 64-bit slot, so it's only running
at half speed (at least that's my observation).  Although I have CVSup'd the sources and done what I beleive to be three successful build worlds I have not had time to perform the installation as I
need to make backups first.

The only problem I received was a signal 11s with 'cc' during the intial build world but that was because my 50-pin SCSI channel was not properly terminated.  The 50-pin channel is of course being
my good old tape drive so I'm searching for some terminators (can't use my old 2940 as I'm out of PCI slots, the other slot contains a network card).

I don't know if any of this helps, but I haven't had any problems other than the mentioned signal 11 because of lack of termination.

	Jeff