Date:      Sun, 6 Apr 2003 18:21:08 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>
To:        Derrick Norris <derrick@norris-net.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.8R and $FreeBSD$ version tag expansion

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

If memory serves me right, Derrick Norris wrote:

> I noticed when I built release 4.8 from source (using the RELENG_4_8=20
> tag) that I had many files in src/etc (and many other parts of src)=20
> with $FreeBSD$ ids.  After reading this thread, I thought maybe there=20
> was bad timing with my cvsup, so I cvsupped again and checked just=20
> before sending this message.  On my system, in both the RELENG_4_8=20
> and RELENG_4_8_0_RELEASE tags, many of the files have the bad ids.
>=20
> Do I need to blow away my cvsupped src tree and bring it down again=20
> from scratch?

Hi Derrick--

You're using cvsup to maintain a local repository, right?  If so, you
need to add cvsroot-all to the set of collections you're pulling
down.  After that, checkouts from your local repository should have
their $FreeBSD$ ids expanded correctly.

It sounds like somebody needs to write up a FAQ on this...I'll put it
on my list of things to do but if someone else does it first, they'll
get no complaints from me.

Bruce.

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua--