Date:      Sun, 11 Aug 1996 22:13:12 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@Mcs.Net>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        karl@Mcs.Net, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Building ports and packages?

> Karl Denninger stands accused of saying:
> >
> > I have the ports SUP tree here.  LOTS of them don't build properly.
> >
> > Also, the "package" target appears not to work either.
> >
> > Anyone have the proper procedure for a complete ports build under -CURRENT
> > handy?
>
> They should all work.  Certainly I build both ports and packages on
> -current with no drama at all.

Hmmm...

> Is the -current system you're working with a -SNAP virgin install, or
> did you upgrade over an older (2.0.5, 2.1 etc.) release?

Its a virgin install off a RELEASE I built from -CURRENT.  Nothing special
about it.

> Is there a pattern to these failures?  Satoshi (ports-meister) builds them
> on -current regularly as a verification.  From whence are you supping them?

One thing I have figured out -- I didn't have X11 on there, and that blows
up anything X related.  Can that be fixed without reinstalling the entire
machine? (ie: can I load the X11 release?)

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1 from $600 monthly; speeds to DS-3 available
			     | 23 Chicagoland Prefixes, 13 ISDN, much more
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1]     | Email to "info@mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 248-9865]     | Home of Chicago's only FULL Clarinet feed!