Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 1996 10:46:16 -0600 (MDT)
From:      John-David Childs <jdc@ism.net>
To:        jack <jacko@xtalwind.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pwd_mkdb bug in 2.1.5?

On Tue, 16 Jul 1996, jack wrote:

> Did you remember to install (or not) DES support to match your 2.1-R
> setup?

Ok....I'm lost...I've just reinstalled 2.1-R on my new box, copied the
/etc/master.passwd file, run pwd_mkdb -p and no dice...the passwords are
not the same.  How do I determine the DES support installed on the two
machines?

PS: Now that I think about it, the "other" box is running 2.1-STABLE which
was sup'd in May...but given the current condition of 2.1-STABLE (e.g. the
possibility of the 2.1.5 bug in ep0) I really don't want to sup my new box
;-)
--

John-David Childs             www.marsweb.com/www.ism.net
System Administrator          Internet Services Montana (406)721-6277