Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 96 09:43:00 PDT
From:      Robert Clark <ROBERTC@PII.COM>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FW:

John,
     The ix0 driver is for the EtherExpress 16.

     EtherExpress   (ix driver.)
     Pro-10         (No driver.)
     Flash32        (No driver.)
     Pro-100 Rev A  (No driver.)
     Pro-100 Rev B  (fpx driver.)

     I used an EtherExpress-16 for awhile, and had trouble.  I found that
there were lots of old (16bit) Western Digital cards around, and switched
over to running the ed0 driver instead.

     Questions to anyone: Do the NE2000 cards work as well as the old SMC/WD
cards?

                                   [RC]
robert.clark@pii.com