Date:      Sun, 6 Sep 1998 22:39:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Das Devaraj <das@netcom.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Advocacy List <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Selling older versions of FreeBSD

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > >available. [SNIP]  That I recall the only time previous versions
> > were given away was 2.2.6.  Was this ever done before?
>
> It's been done with almost every release since 1.1, though at rather
> smaller quantities than with 2.2.6.

Interesting, never knew that.  I used to have a small Unix training
center in Pleasant Hill (city next to Walnut Creek) and tried to get
some old FreeBSD CDs from Walnut CDROM.  My idea was to give them
away free to prospective students.  But I was told that all old CDs
were instantly destroyed, when a new release came out.  Even offering
to pay a few $ for each CD did not help.

das