Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 14:26:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre@citeweb.net>, Ollivier Robert <roberto@ns2.freenix.org>, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>, <cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org>, <freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sbin/newfs newfs.8 newfs.c

    I was thinking more in regards to the partition bewing newfs'd, not so
    much the size of the drive containing the partition.  There are a lot
    of standard partitions that typically run less then a gig... '/', for
    example.  Not that I think it matters a great deal.  I don't think
    people would really notice any significant loss of disk space if we
    just changed the newfs default to 16K/2K for everything, at least for
    real hard drives.  The 1-gig test would also help with newfs'ing
    non-hard drives like solid state storage, small mfs partitions
    (as peter brought up), and so forth.  I think it's reasonable.

					-Matt
:
:
:There is a substantial amount of drives out there stil that are < 1GB.
:Also, consider floppy && SANdisk types of devices.
:
: