Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:22:57 +0200
From:      Andrey Kosachenko <andrey.kosachenko@gmail.com>
To:        "Stephane E. Potvin" <sepotvin@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-eclipse@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Eclipse 3.5.1

Hi, Stephane,

On 12.01.2010 16:21, Stephane E. Potvin wrote:

**skipped**

> Here's how this is supposed to work:
>
> 1- Main eclipse p2 area (in $PREFIX/lib/eclipse) should only contain the base
> eclipse framework, no additional plugins. As it's not writable by users, it
> should never change during the lifetime of an installation (if it changed, the
> port framework would complain upon deinstallation of the package).
>
> 2- Plugins installed by ports should end up in the $PREFIX/share/eclipse directory.
> All users will end up with these plugins when they start eclipse
>
> 3- Plugins installed by individual users should end up in their ~/.eclipse directory
> when installed via the plugin manager.

Thanks!
I do appreciate it - your explanation shed the light on how things look
like in terms of design.

> This should not happen. The reconciler should load the two configs and
> resolve things correctly. There used to be a problem with older eclipse
> where the config.ini would be ignored if it was older than the eclipse
> main config.ini file but it has been fixed since.

Aha! I see...
So, then all my 'tambourine dances' around 'configuration' directory and
config.ini file are useless and should be declined (and that's actually
very good).

> Ok, I need to find a way to reproduce this as it just works for me. Could you please
> send me your eclipse configuration offline (it's fairly large). To get it, go into
> Help->About Eclipse SDK, select the "Installation Details" button, and then the
> "Configuration" tab. Send me the content of this pane. If possible, could you also
> send along your error log (should be accessible via the "View Error Log" button in the
> same window. Please use a stock configuration with the plugins installed via the
> plugin manager if possible.
>
> Thanks,

Ok,  I'll gather all the required info and will update you soon. I need
some time for this (I stuck with another issue: I migrated my laptop to
CURRENT and eclipse started to crash with SIGSEGV's occasionally. So I'm
migrating from freebsd jdk (diablo) to openjdk. I will do clean install
of eclipse tonight and will install some plugins using p2 and will make
you aware about results).

Thanks.

--
WBR,