Date:      Tue, 7 May 1996 12:06:43 -0400
From:      Jeff Uphoff <juphoff@tarsier.cv.nrao.edu>
To:        "matthew c. mead" <mmead@Glock.COM>
Cc:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, chat@freebsd.org, pmurphy@nrao.edu
Subject:   Re: [Forwarded e-mail from Alexander O. Yuriev]

"mcm" == matthew c mead <mmead@Glock.COM> writes:

>> Sounds like the linux-kernel list sometimes; I've seen higher valid
>> content ratios on IRC channels.

mcm> 	Is it not moderated?

Nope.  And it's gated to the linux.dev.kernel group on those USENET
sites that carry the linux.* hierarchy.

mcm> 	I ran linux for a couple months back when it was .96p8 -
mcm> back when you had to build your own distribution.  I got sick of
mcm> not having a true slip connection and switched to good old 386bsd
mcm> 0.0.  I actually ran that for over a year before I switched back
mcm> to linux when its slip was fairly decent.

I didn't find Linux really "useful" until 0.99.10, when SLIP became
native.

--Up.