Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 22:47:04 +1100 (EST)
From:      gcross@netspace.net.au
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Port upgrade check/report tool

--0-846930886-919338431=:1184

I haven't found a tool that will look at the current ports index file,
then look at the ports installed on my system and tell me which ports
are now out-of-date and need upgrading.

So, I have written a Python program that will do just that.

It will work with either a local copy of a current ports INDEX file, or
fetch one (via ftp or http) from a FreeBSD site.

Out of sheer originality, I have named it portcheck, and you can read
about it and download the tarball from:

	http://www.netspace.net.au/~gcross/portcheck.html

I would appreciate comments, bug reports, etc, before I announce it to
a wider audience.

Thanks
Graeme

--
Graeme Cross                                      gcross@netspace.net.au

--0-846930886-919338431=:1184

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3ia

iQCVAwUBNsv9uMlBq9Wvf+qtAQEIjgP/S0d8qM469TQXpbO/IhdrhaXQKTbTxEdB
6FQocNljgCulYTpQEqTfA6YLOq3irzONuY+Gmk9RqtoYzA6YhzBzqGszoX7tahaU
sOpEQXfmTBN84iqD/uZyeViNnp7gGAJQe5a2RnSk0YrzRZ5fNH9g+bfiouv8H1vD
jMv2puryccU=
=e75p
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--0-846930886-919338431=:1184--