Date:      Wed, 2 Feb 2005 01:36:09 +0100
From:      Marcin Cylke <szyderca@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   SanDisk Cruzer Micro - slow speed

Hello
I've got problems with using SanDisk Cruzer Micro 2033 with FreeBSD.
It is recognized properly. Kernel reports it as:

umass0: SanDisk Corp. Cruzer Micro, rev 2.00/20.33, addr 2
da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0: <SanDisk Cruzer Micro 2033> Removable Direct Access SCSI-0 device
da0: 1.000MB/s transfers
da0: 500MB (1024000 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 500C)

I know I shouldn't rely on the transfer field, but just a regular
check of io for that disk when copying something from or to it gives
me about 8kb/s. This is the output of systat. However gkrellm shows
about 40kb/s.

Needles to say, that this transfers are way too low, even for a non
usb2.0 device. And in fact it is a usb2.0 compilant device.

My usb hubs are ohci and uhci.

Thanks in advance for any help
Bye