Date:      Fri, 07 Jun 2002 08:42:33 -0400
From:      "Kenneth Mays" <kmays2000@hotmail.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Viewpoint on 4.6RC4

My only request is that we get to test these applications and
have some of them become the default applications in the base system:

1. NTP 4.1.1a
2. Sendmail 8.12.4
3. tar 1.13.25 or whatever is the most updated 'stable' version.
4. GCC 2.95.3 & 3.1 selections in GUI (whatever is the most reliable)
5. OpenSSH 3.2.3 and OpenSSL 0.9.6c/d
6. Samba 2.2.4
7. Nvidia recent drivers (test these with Xfree86 4.2.x) on Quadro/geforce
boards

I just notice that this was some of the current issues we are having besides
the basic/advanced base system testing. Some of this was already done but
listed here for reference.

I know FreeBSD isn't intended to be a Solaris 9 for the free world (or is
it?!?) and I know we all have problems with hardware issues (the most
common). Is there an easier way to put all our issues together in a simple
doc to compile the information needed to make improvements for the 4.6
release?!?

Ken