Date:      Thu, 02 Sep 1999 09:16:07 +0100
From:      Francis Jordan <frankrj@netscape.net>
To:        NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>
Cc:        Chuck O'Donnell <cao@bus.net>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Purpose of irq's in pcic

NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa wrote:

> > pcic0: <TI PCI-1131 PCI-CardBus Bridge> rev 0x01 int a irq 11 on pcic0.3.0
> > pcic1: <TI PCI-1131 PCI-CardBus Bridge> rev 0x01 int b irq 11 on pcic0.3.1
>
> > PC-Card VLSI 82C146 (5 mem & 2 I/O windows)
>
> TI's CardBus controller and VLSI PCIC have same ID, but thses are
> incompatible.

Hmmm, I also have the TI-1131 misidentified as "VLSI", but I wouldn't go
as far as to say that these are incompatible.  My 3Com589D works
absolutely fine with this controller on -current.

> You should be use PAO, PAO's pcic support code has already fixed this problem.

Well, shouldn't someone be merge it into -current?  :-)

Now, seriously, I know that Warner is slowly (and hopefully surely)
converting PAO's newconfig code to newbus, but maybe some parts can be
merged in earlier?

Frank