Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 1998 15:04:01 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters <wes@obie.softweyr.com>
To:        opsys@mail.webspan.net (Open Systems Networking)
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, taob@risc.org
Subject:   Re: Packet Engines Gigabit Ethernet

Open Systems Networking And Consulting assert()'ed:

> It's to bad we dont have a logo people can use to advertise they have
> FreeBSD drivers. Something like FreeBSD certified or the like.
> Course that may be to complicated. Since there is no certification board
> except the,  "It works for me!" board. :-)

I think the "power to serve" logo would work fine.  Let's go to
work on these people.  In addition to getting them on OUR vendors
page, we should encourage them to put the Daemon logo on THEIR
page, with a link to the FreeBSD home page.

Some organizations may not be willing to put Chukc on their pages;
perhaps we could convince Brian Tao to create a "power to serve"
logo without the little devil?  I KNOW it's wussing out, but it is
an unfortunate truism that many companies have no sense (of humor)
when it comes to their public image.