Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:50:30 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Andreas Krebs <akrebs@chronolabs.de>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JDK1.5 on FreeBSD 6.x / amd64

Andreas Krebs <akrebs@chronolabs.de> wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>
>> Most odd .. cd'd to the linux_base directory and it installed fine  =20
>> from there, so not sure why it failed the first time :(
> For some reason installing linux_base as a dependency on am64 fails
> (because it tries to install amd64.rpm). If you install linux_base
> directly first and java after sucessfull linux installation, it works.
>
> Dunno why the other approach doesn't work tho, my guess is that the
> build process passes the correct, but for linux wrong platform amd64 to
> some underlying install process.

Nearly right. bsd.port.mk makes the architecture variable read-only in =20
submakes (at least this is the effect of what bsd.port.mk does). The =20
linux_base-8 port tries to change this variable but fails.

Another workaround to the already found one would be to use the new =20
fc3 linux base port as the default (OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=3Dfc3 in =20
make.conf), since it handles this differently than the default linux =20
base port (which is scheduled to be replaced with the fc3 one <some =20
unspecified amount of time> after the release of FreeBSD 5.5 and 6.1).

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
http://www.Leidinger.net  Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org     netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137
Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.
=09=09-- Erma Bombeck