Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 1995 10:46:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu (Garrett Wollman)
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.Org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: Paul Richards: sysconfig routed setting

[Put back on the list, there was no reason to take this private.]

> <<On Wed, 28 Jun 1995 10:15:18 -0700 (PDT), "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com> said:
>
> > You might hate routed and the RIP protocol (and I agree it is not very
> > eligant) but it does get the job done for the a very large mass of the
> > world.
>
> And using a large screwdriver handle to pound in a nail also `gets the
> job done', but it is unquestionably the wrong tool.

But if it is the only tool I have to get the job done at the time I must
get the job done I have no quarms about doing just that (and I own $1000's
in hand tools alone, not to mention the power tools!!!).

Good anology, for making my side of the point too!!