Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 08:40:24 +0100
From:      "Tim Parkinson" <tim.parkinson@ccr.ntu.ac.uk>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   I sussed my NIC problems

Top Tip:
	When editing rc.conf with pico, don't let the comment on a line drop down a
line, then save the file.

That, I believe was the root of the further problems I was having after
installing a new net card.  Maybe I should read the pico docs, and see if
there is an option to turn off word wrap.

On another note, using tcpdump on ed0 (which is connected to a cable modem),
produced very interesting output.  The reason (I think) our cable modem very
rarely works, or if it does is *very* slow, is down to us receiving packet
requests for a whole boatload of IP's.

Slowly, but surely...