Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:39:26 -0800
From:      Jordan K Hubbard <jkh@queasyweasel.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trailing whitespace in FreeBSD

Needed?  Probably not.  But look at it this way - he's learned a lot
more about FreeBSD project history and why this one's such an exposed
nerve in the process than he probably ever would have otherwise.  Did
he want to learn this?  Well, we'll just have to let him answer that
for himself. :)

- Jordan

On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 06:17 PM, Julian Elischer wrote:

> Um, is the sarcasm needed?
> The guy really does want to know if this would be helpful or not..
>
> On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Peter Wemm wrote:
>
>> Jordan Hubbard wrote:
>>> Wow, deja-vu!
>>
>> Hey! I've got a GREAT idea!  I whipped up this nifty perl script and
>> I can run it over the src tree to delete all the trailing whitespace!
>> And even better, I can collapse tabs at the beginning of lines! What
>> a great deal! That should be good for a few hundred commits!
>>
>> :-)
>>
>>> - Jordan

>> Cheers,
>> -Peter
>> --
>> Peter Wemm - peter@wemm.org; peter@FreeBSD.org; peter@yahoo-inc.com
>> "All of this is for nothing if we don't go to the stars" - JMS/B5

Jordan K. Hubbard
Engineering Manager, BSD technology group
Apple Computer