Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:59:33 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        'Ernst de Haan' <ernst@jollem.com>, Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: another orion question

Dear Ernst and Rob,

> > I have another question.  I have a shared box that I'm trying to run
> > multiple instances of orion on.  I am able to get each
> > instance to listen
> > on different IP addresses, but orion starts a listener on
> > port 23791 on
> > its own.  Is there a way to get the orion instances to open
> > this port separately on each IP address?

I've been wondering if it's possible to jail a whole tribe of Orion
instances, each in a slammer of their own. This would solve the port 23791
problem, as well as allow users to have ssh access to "their" instance in a
fairly safe way.

That port is part of a protocol for remote management of Orion. I think
admin.jar is the guilty party here. I remember playing with it, but tossing
it aside since it did nothing that I could not do with cp(1) and kill(1). :)

    Kees Jan