Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 1998 06:21:37 -0500
From:      "Alfred Perlstein" <perlsta@sunyit.edu>
To:        <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Capriotti" <capriotti@geocities.com>
Subject:   Re: X based Free installation

Maybe if you could use libvgl something or other, it uses the VGA hardware
which is on almost any system.  this would make it so that anyone with a
vga card could install freebsd instead of anyone with a vga card supported
by Xfree...
this might have a chance of fitting on the install disk...

i know Xfree has a VGA/VGA16 server, maybe you could use that, in fact if
libvgl stops being supported (i hope not) the X program will still work....

making this an option off the CD-ROM isn't a bad idea, if someone could
setup freebsd so that this could even be done off of floppie via several
disks that wouldn't be that bad either...

-Alfred