Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 2002 17:11:02 -0700
From:      Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quickcam

* De: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com> [ Data: 2002-10-14 ]
	[ Subjecte: Re: Quickcam ]
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 03:39:00PM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
> > > last i looked, vic did not support the hardware i had at the time.
> > > and just testing now i get a lot of
> >
> > I haven't looked at it for a couple of years..
> > it did work for me then but it may not any more..
>

> vic/vat work but are kind of dated applications.
>
> Why not look at an H.323 application?
> How about something like GnomeMeeting (/usr/ports/net/gnomemeeting) ?
>
> GnomeMeeting can even be made to interoperate other H.323
> compliant applications such as Microsoft Netmeeting, but that's probably
> not so interesting. ;)

Actually, it is, especially if you consider how many people have to use
windows at work, and may have hardware for video conferencing at work, and
thus may be able to use it more optimally there...

And gnomemeeting is fairly nice.
--
Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>       | FreeBSD: The Power To Serve
Will break world for fulltime employment. | finger jmallett@FreeBSD.org