Date:      Thu, 08 Jul 1999 22:16:32 GMT
From:      "Mike Del" <repenting@hotmail.com>
To:        gabriel@maquina.com
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Would anyone like to start a FreeBSD irda project?

>Yes, I'm very interested in a FreeBSD IrDA project. I've also met
>Daniel J. O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au> at the linux-irda list who also
>seems very interested in doing things.
>
>I have a Tekram IRmate 210 serial dongle, and I'm waiting for it to be
>back in stock so I can ship another one of these to Daniel.
>
>I'd be very interested in IrCOMM (including Palm III comms) support at
>first, followed by IrLAN and not related to IrDA, a TV remote function
>(possible with the Irmate 210)
>
>Daniel is now gone for a two weeks holiday, however we will start work
>when he gets back. We're planning on a user lever implementation first.
>
>Regards,
>
>Gabriel

Ok, sounds good.  We need to find more people to help.  I have not done any
work with the coding of Device Drivers, so I don't know where
to start.  Any ideas??  If someone out there knowledgable in this area
is willing to help out that would be great.  I am wondering about the
method I should go about for my ir device (it is on my pci bus).  The
kernel finds it on boot, but doesn't have a driver for it. ;)  I was
looking in /usr/src/sys/pci/ at some of the code and I found something
that was pci serial, so I think that it might help me out because I
am guessing that IR is used kinda like serial but other functions?
Well, keep in contact, and send any helpful information and/or code.
We also might go about setting up a web page for this project.  So others
can find us, and join in?

Thanks,
Mike