Date:      Thu, 29 Feb 1996 08:26:14 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        gjennejohn@frt.dec.com, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quake's out, where's that Linux ELF emulation?

[ Followups directed to chat ]

>  > at last, a voice of reason crying in the wilderness ! It's *only* a
>  > game ! There are more important things to worry about.
>  >
>  > Or do I detect a hint of penis-envy in all this outrage ? ;-) (will I get
>  > nailed by the Feds for that ?)
>
> No penis-envy here . Lets see let me boot dos , run Terminal Velocity and
> for hardware well lets settle for a 3d graphic hardware engine and
> for sound well there is only one choice a GUS PnP. Terminal Velocity,
> Tv, is much better 3d action game than quake shit 8)

Nah, Descent-II.  Now *that's* a really good 3D action game. :)

But, there's no need for a 3D graphics engine since none of the game
makers are planning on supporting them since they 'suck' (using the
terminology of a couple different camps) in their current
implementations.  If you want to play games, save the money and get a
decent joystick.  (No recomendations there, I still use the keyboard).

Nate