Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 1996 16:54:59 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "Ugen J.S.Antsilevich" <ugen@latte.worldbank.org>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw vs ipfilter

In message <14773.840033327@time.cdrom.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" writes:
>> Heh:)
>> Well..intresting enough it always works this way - first ppl take it, then
>> they screw it  and then they say it's bad and take something else.
>> Thanx guys...
>
>With all due respect, Ugen, the code was a filthy mess when you gave
>it to us and was in absolutely no shape to continue using in that way.

Not to mention that it didn't work as it gave impression of doing.

The only think I have against ditching ipfw and replacing with ipfilter
is that the later is getting to big for comfort.

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.