Date:      Thu, 17 Nov 2011 20:07:49 -0300
From:      Mario Lobo <lobo@bsd.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [OT] but concerns all of us

On Thursday 17 November 2011 17:28:39 Dave U. Random wrote:
> They already p0wned the root servers. Look at the Microsoft case. The
> federales went into private server farms and set up their own boxes. You
> think anything goes through American backbones and the guys in black suits
> with no sense of humor don't know about it, and can't reroute it or DOS it
> or make funny things happen already? Wake up and smell the Constitution
> burning.

Yes but it isn't "legal" ....  YET!

> > Aren't there enough laws already to protect copyright?
>
> There are too many laws now to protect anything.

I believe that this whole discussion boils down to one comment I just saw on
ZDNET:

"Yes, our government is trying to censor the web. So is the UK.

Our corrupt officials have sold our government to the highest bidder, and it
is now operated by the rich for the rich... and they fear an American
Spring(**) like the ones now being celebrated throughout the middle east.
After crushing the citizens under heel for so long, they see what open
communications have brought in Arabian countries and fear the same here. Thus,
the land of the free and it's free speech must become a thing of the past so
that the rich can continue to get richer and the poor may be oppressed more
easily.

Perhaps I am becoming a cynical old man as I watch them disassemble my
constitution, but these are sad times : sad times indeed.

Regards,
Jon"

(**) which is already happening !!

I think that this is what they want to stop. People are becoming aware of
things, not through official statements, PBS, the State of the Union Address
or mainstream media, but through each other! Fast and uncensored ! And from
any point of the planet. Facts that would never come to public awareness
otherwise.And this knowledge is empowering people to take to the streets
knowing exactly why.

Copyright, laws, intellectual property and legal jargons are nothing but smoke
and mirrors.

--
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br