Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 1996 03:33:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/local/libexec vs /usr/local/sbin

(followup set to "ports")

 * ln -s share/man /usr/local/man

# ls -F /usr/local/man     v
cat1/   cat4/   cat7/   man@    man3/   man6/   manl/   whatis
cat2/   cat5/   cat8/   man1/   man4/   man7/   mann/
cat3/   cat6/   catl/   man2/   man5/   man8/   skel/

;)

Seriously, that is a very good idea (I was talking to Justin about it
just now).  The ports can put stuff in /usr/local/man, and they will
actually go to .../share/man.  No special treatment necessary for the
ports, except fixing the PLISTs (actually this is not strictly
*necessary*, even this can be avoided), and this is our own file so
it's easy to fix.

The only problem is how to do the move over.  Let's discuss this more
in ports.

Satoshi