Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 17:17:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   latest install stuff not working?

After finally getting the multia booted, I find I cannot make filesystems
on a disk. I don't do slices and do a da1a(1000MB) and da1b(250M/Swap).

It cannot enable swap on on da1b and when it tries to make filesystems, I
get 'returned error code 1'.

I tried the two most recent snaps under

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/snapshots/alpha

and got the same results. It's been an annoying afternoon because none of
the 4 choices for syscons is entirely usable, and a ^P (have to use ^N at
least because the arror keys don't work) drops one back to the SRM prompt
irretrievably.

What am I doing wrong? I can't use da0 (335 MB disk).