Date:      Sun, 2 Jun 2002 06:29:47 -0700
From:      "Kent Stewart" <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        "Charlie Root" <root@pcp01840552pcs.owngsm01.md.comcast.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>

Charlie Root wrote:

> i,
>
> I recently had a problem with my time keeping on a cvsup -stable
build. My kernel clock would race. Within 15 minutes from setting
localtime with date(1), my localtime would be more than .5 hrs ahead
of where it should be.

>     When I built my kernel, I didnt use the default value "options
HZ=100". I actually used "options    HZ=10".

>     Is this the cause of my racing clock?
>
>     Looking through the kernel cfg now, I may have misunderstood,
and thought "a smaller granularity" meant I had to lower the value of
the default HZ :)

>     Any thoughts?

For starters, if you change a default and the system doesn't work
right. Change the option back to what it was.

> Also, why cant a windows client(outlook express) send mail to this
list? does anyone else have this problem?

This is from a W2K Server using OE. I don't use OE because of the
number of MS replicated virus and worms that circulate on here.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA