Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 2007 23:23:24 +0100
From:      Anton Berezin <tobez@tobez.org>
To:        Kurt Abahar <xverify@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WITHOUT_BSDPAN Option For The "perl5.8" Port?

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 10:44:10AM -0800, Kurt Abahar wrote:

> I often find that the installed bsdpan-*
> pseudo-packages aren't of
> great use to me. Would it be possible to add a
> "WITHOUT_BSDPAN"
> config option for the perl5.8 port in order to neglect
> the installation of the BSDPAN modules? I looked at
> the Makefile for
> the port to see if I could do it myself but the BSDPAN
> references
> seem to be littered throughout, and I'm not
> particularly versed in
> the ports system to make a good attempt.

BSDPAN itself understands environment variable DISABLE_BSDPAN (meaning it
does not do anything if this variable is set).  It won't prevent BSDPAN from
installing, but hopefully it will be able to help you.

\Anton.
--
We're going for 'working' here. 'clean' is for people with skills...
-- Flemming Jacobsen