Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:55:26 +0200
From:      Christophe Prevotaux <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>
To:        mark tinguely <tinguely@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tcpdump and PCA200E ATM adapter

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:31:41 -0500 (CDT)
mark tinguely <tinguely@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:

> the HARP developers talked about at least adding the IP level BFP code,
> but then their funding changed and they no longer are adding to the code.
>
> I will look at the ipatm stuff and see what it would take. I can't test the
> modifications, but it should be straight IP BPF stuff (add a line on the
> creation of the interface and a line for input and output after the PDU
> has been re-assembled. You would not see bad PDU fragments, so more
> could be going on in the VC than you see from tcpdump.
>
> --mark.

Well that would be better than nothing to see what happens at the IP level
also this would enable the use of tools like ntop (I know there is security
hole in it) tcpdump etc....

I wonder what happens when you use ipfw with dummynet or ALT on an ATM interface
under freebsd ?

Christophe Prevotaux        Email: c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr
HEXANET SARL                URL: http://www.hexanet.fr/
Z.A.C Les Charmilles        Tel: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 05
3 Allée Thierry Sabine      Direct: +33 (0)3 26 79 08 02
BP202                       Fax: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 06
51686 Reims Cedex 2
FRANCE                   HEXANET Network Operation Center