Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 1995 13:43:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        vak@gw.cronyx.msk.su (Serge V.Vakulenko)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

> Newsgroups: freebsd.hackers
> From: vak@gw.cronyx.msk.su (Serge V.Vakulenko)
> Subject: Making IDE CD-ROM driver -- major numbers needed
> Date: Wed, 28 Jun 1995 19:58:30 GMT
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm now working on the driver for ATAPI IDE CD-ROMs,
> and I need a major driver numbers for it.
>
> Who should I ask for?  Jordan?  Rod?

Or David or anyone else who could commit to the kernel sources....
Probably best beat is David, as it should probably be pulled to the
2.1 branch for simpler drop in of your driver for folks who will install
2.1 and want to add this support.

I am not saying to add the driver to 2.1, just the major dev entry
and /dev/MAKEDEV script.

You could greatly speed the process by providing a context diff to
both locations.

> Thanks in advance,
> Serge
>
> P.S. For those who are interested: the driver is already
> functioning, at least I can mount disks and read data.
> After adding all needed ioctls and testing the proper
> handling of disc change, I will commit it.

Sounds good!!!