Date:      Tue, 28 Dec 2004 06:46:48 +0000
From:      Josef El-Rayes <josef@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Chris Zumbrunn <chris@zumbrunn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rework of the FreeBSD website [was: FreeBSD's Visual Identity:Outdated?]

This is a MIME-formatted message.  If you see this text it means that your
E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

--=_daemon.li-29121-1104216408-0001-2

Chris Zumbrunn <chris@zumbrunn.com>:
> >looks very interesting, is the grey border,
> >which carries the links to subcategories,
> >under the headline image an image or created via css?
>=20
> Could be either. CSS would be better - but an image would maybe be=20
> easier/quicker to implement. The grey bar could also be a=20
> background image in a table cell. Eventually, it certainly should=20
> be CSS (just like everything else).

i think CSS is preferable because it is easier to change
(we dont want to redraw this image for every link that changes in it or
 the translation teams definitely do not want to redraw this
 themselves)
and a CSS based bar is resizeable - think of the website being viewed on
non-standard computers.

greets, josef

--=20
Josef El-Rayes                   (__)