Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2006 11:15:06 +0200
From:      Philippe LAQUET <stom@free.fr>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Fetching install.cfg from a remote machine

EHLO

I would like to know if someone has published some patch or found a
solution to perform a automatic installation via sysinstall but with a
remote (ftp/http/nfs) install.cfg file? I found some solutions using a
PXE boot disk and mount via NFS but don't want to put NFS shares and
DHCP "specific" server to do only that task.

Do the rebuild of the ISO image itself with the "install.cfg" on the CD
is also an alternate option but we will have to rebuild the ISO, re-burn
images every time we change an option - Use a new release and so on...

Thanks in advance

Philippe LAQUET

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com