Date:      Wed, 31 May 1995 23:45:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      cove@netcom.com (Cove Schneider)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Re: 1.44m Boot images and 2.0.5

Do'h! My apologize to every one who responded. After 10 or 15 failed
attempts, with many different disks, I figured that there had to be
something in the image that expected something at a certain offset. I
donno, I guess I just had _really_ bad luck with disks or something of
the sort .. I finally got it to work.. :^) (arg!)

Anyhow, in luu of putting my self in yet another embarrassing position: Why
can't the installation program mount my dos partition to complete the
installation?

I get an error message saying that it couldn't mount /dos.. Okay, so I
went to ttyv4, where the shell was and poked around.. There doesn't seem
to be mount on the disk. Since ls didn't exists I had to improvise with
find, maybe I missed something. I did notice though that the partition
program was just calling my dos partition "fat", not msdos as in the 2.0
partition program.

Ps. Really, I'm not as clue-less as I may sound! I'll port something to make
up for my installation blunders.. :-)
--
Cove Schneider                                                cove@netcom.com