Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:22:17 +0900 (JST)
From:      hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        mike@smith.net.au
Cc:        gmarco@giovannelli.it, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: ATA CF

In article <199804231905.MAA00835@dingo.cdrom.com>
mike@smith.net.au writes:

>> Fix it so it works with two IDE interfaces.  8)
>> That just means mapping it somewhere more sensible, right?

I think that two easy userland solutions are available.  These are not
essencial, but I think these solutions are effective.

1. After the failure of xxx_probe() with I/O addresses specified by
   CIS because of resouce allocation failure, retries it again with
   dynamic I/O address allocation.

2. Disable static I/O address allocation for wdc driver.

I think the former is better solution.

--
HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi
Network Technology Center