Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 22:05:35 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>, "Michael P. Sale" <mike@merchantsnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lists, newbies & support (was: Re: Where to get Windows Internet stuff/ More on Windows & BSD)

On Thu, Jun 18, 1998 at 09:59:50AM +1000, Sue Blake wrote:
> It's not fun to take care over an answer and find that the same
> question is still asked, as if it wasn't worth your trouble answering
> in the first place.

Tell me about it.

Case in point: A few (3 or 4 I think) months ago there was a spate of
Year 2000 questions on -questions. Getting bored of wading through these,
I put together various bits and pieces and created the FreeBSD Y2K web
page where these things are addressed.

Once, sometimes twice a day someone comes into -questions and asks "Is
FreeBSD Y2K compliant?" (or a variant on that theme). At least now they're
generally just given the URL in a one or two line message and it's left
at that. But it is disheartening to know that they didn't bother checking
the site, the search engine or the mailing list archives first.

You are in a maze of twisty signature files all the same.
--
You are in a maze of twisty signature files all alike.