Date:      Mon, 27 Jul 1998 09:27:11 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Ed Randall <ed@orlando.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why not on ftp.freebsd.org?

> Why is the Java port not available from ftp.freebsd.org?

Because the java porters don't have access to ftp.freebsd.org.  Since
ftp.freebsd.org is one of if not *THE* largest ftp site in the world
(and not just a freebsd site), access is not giving out.

www.freebsd.org is also mirrored all over the world as well.

> Even http://www.freebsd.org/java isn't mirrored on www.uk.freebsd.org,
> and I just can't get a successful 12Meg download from you.

It should be.  That was one of the reasons I set it up the way I did
originally.

Nate