Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 1998 10:52:54 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Gary B. Clark II" <gclarkii@main.brewich.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Motif question

Nate Williams wrote:
> > The jdk115 port uses lesstif-0.81.
>
> *yuck*
That is why I'm still using jdk1.1.2...
It is linked aginst(sic) lesstif vice linking motif and supplying lesstif...

> > I am attempting to resolve some issues pertaining to running some AOL
> > messenger s/w which comes as a Java application.
> >
> > (BTW: running this with anything but mwm causes the X-server to rapidly bloat
> >  until all 500meg of swap space is consumed!)
This is the lesstif libs going south....

> The AOL software, or the JDK in general?  We've have really good luck
> with your last binary release, although lots of AWT stuff is broken, and
> Swing components don't work at all.

I'm running the 1.1.2 jdk here, downloaded the new swing just last night, ran
the demo and it works like a charm.  The only errors (2 exceptions) are
known bugs that are fixed in jdk1.1.5.

Nate,

Why do you have so many problems with awt and all of my code works fine?
What version of Motif do you have there????

> Nate

Gary