Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 23:18:01 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quake's out, where's that Linux ELF emulation?

> Gosh,
>
> Can we send out 2000 mail messages to iD??

Ack, no, please don't!  Look, seriously, I've talked to the
_developers_ of this friggin' software and they've made it more than
abundantly plain to me, on multiple occasions, that they are NEVER,
EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES going to do a port to FreeBSD and the
matter is not even open to discussion.  The only reason we see a "free
UNIX" port of IDs stuff at all is because they happen to be unabashed
Linux fanatics there, and they have zero, zip nada interest in a
FreeBSD port.

If you want Dave Taylor to publically state same in this mailing list
before you'll believe it, I'm also fairly sure it could be arranged.
He's certainly not been shy about making all of the above clear to me,
and pestering them with a letter-bombing campaign would have exactly
the opposite effect of what I suspect you'd like to achieve.

					Jordan