Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 23:34:02 -0800
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quake's out, where's that Linux ELF emulation?

>>> "Jordan K. Hubbard" said:
 > > Gosh,
 > >
 > > Can we send out 2000 mail messages to iD??
 >
 > Ack, no, please don't!  Look, seriously, I've talked to the
 > _developers_ of this friggin' software and they've made it more than
 > abundantly plain to me, on multiple occasions, that they are NEVER,
 > EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES going to do a port to FreeBSD and the
 > matter is not even open to discussion.  The only reason we see a "free
 > UNIX" port of IDs stuff at all is because they happen to be unabashed
 > Linux fanatics there, and they have zero, zip nada interest in a
 > FreeBSD port.
 >
 > If you want Dave Taylor to publically state same in this mailing list

Fine , arrange it . I like to go "down" fighting not standing down.
If they don't make port for FreeBSD can you remove the stuff from
the ftp.cdrom.com site. This is my thinking they are so in love with
linux yet they have not been able to provide an adequate linux ftp
site. It seems to me that they have dollars and can buy the expertise
to provide adequate ftp services be that linux or some other platform.

As you stated they are linux fanatics let the linux community provide
free bandwith and computing resources. For the html link to their
directory in the Web Server a *black* background with a red ribbon in
protest of not providing a FreeBSD port. This may or may not work
but for sure the current strategy is not working .

Don't mind me my old Puerto Rican blood well is boiling
and you ought to hear the keyboard and I am amazed I that have
not pop a key!

	Amancio