Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 1996 16:22:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        tinguely@plains.nodak.edu
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Will FreeBSD Run on This?

 * there are M$ "Natural" clones that have better feeling key feedbacks and
 * are cheaper also.

Yeah, I have seen one with the `6' key in the right place and also a
much better keytouch.

 * I think this opinion-fest on keyboards is important to the original question
 * about purchasing a computer. compatibility with the software is important
 * first step; then you have to enjoy using those parts; and finally those parts
 * should not be dangerous over long term use.

Amen!

 * Input and output devices are hard to buy from a photo. Use the devices
 * (keyboard, mouse, monitor) you are interested in buying before buying.

Well, I bought my Kinesis Ergonomic without ever using it first -- I
saw the picture and immediately impressed with the design.  The didn't
sell it through retail channels back then (3 years ago), so I couldn't
check the springs and stuff anyway -- but I just trusted them 'cause I
believed that being a keyboard-only company, they would have gone out
of business a long time ago if they made expensive keyboards with
lousy keytouch. ;)

 * --mark.

Satoshi