Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 14:18:20 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Yonatan Bokovza <Yonatan@xpert.com>, Stephen McKay <mckay@thehub.com.au>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Course of law (was: Islam (was: Religions (was Re: helping vi ctims of terror)))

On Sunday, 28 October 2001 at  8:43:31 -0600, Brett Glass wrote:
> At 03:30 AM 10/28/2001, Yonatan Bokovza wrote:
>
>> In the democracies *I'm* aware of there's something called "war".
>> A good example of this will be when a one country shoots at
>> other country's civilians.
>
> No. In war, one country shoots at another's SOLDIERS. In a civilized
> world, it is considered an atrocity to attack civilians. Which is
> what terrorists do.

Precisely.  Now tell me, who are the Israelis shooting in Palestine?

I think I should point out that I'm targetting the Israelis here
because they should know better, and that answering violence with more
violence doesn't work.  In fact, I'm more sympathetic to the Israaeli
cause than I am to the Palestinian cause.  I know that the
Palestinians started it.  But this isn't the way to get people to stop
if they're prepared to die for their cause.

Greg